Friday, April 9, 2010

This Writers Prayer!

After a little over a year of writing and rewriting, I finally put the final touches on Buried Truths the third book in the Marishka Tanya Alexei series, and now I already find myself thinking in terms of book four, while writing yet another book Love Illuminated. I find myself doing a little celebration treating myself to a Rice Krispies Treat, and just relaxing for a few, okay well I am writing this blog, and working a little on Love Illuminated, but after getting Buried Truths finished I find myself relieved but I do not believe this is going to be the last that is heard from the Alexei family, Marishka and her families story is far from over. I have lived, breathed ate and slept these stories for so long, that I have become rather attached to the characters LOL!

I am sitting here after one am having finished Buried truths, yet still wide awake, Abby (my precious poodle laying on my bed) looking over at me hinting, and our rescue kitty Cindy under my desk keeping me company as I write, and contemplate on the blessings of this writer's life. The fact is I have a lot to celebrate the most important of course is the fact that I serve the Lord, without him I would not be sharing.

As I am writing this, I am reminding of John 1:1-14

 1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.

 3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.

 6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.[b]

 10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

 14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

As a writer but more than that as Christian those words intrigue me, in the beginning was the word and the word was God. I think of the gift of words the Lord blessed me with, and I find myself praying:

Lord let me use my words to glorify you, let my words draw others to you.

I remind myself daily that whether I am writing fiction or writing fact, I am writing to glorify the Lord, and though I am not perfect, I do serve a perfect Lord, who gave me the gift of words, how could I not write for him?

Copyright Michelle R Kidwell

April.09.2010

1:17 A.M PST

    


 

No comments: