Saturday, April 10, 2010

This Writers Dreams

As a writer I am also an observer.

Often writers are told they have their heads in the clouds and sometimes that is true. Which one of us have not been guilty of putting our head in the clouds? I mean who can honestly tell me they have not day dreamed. Truth is there is nothing wrong with day dreaming, but there are times when we have to be acutely aware that is not true for only writers but everyone, but as writers, we learn to study people. A certain mannerism, a certain figure of speech anything can be an inspiration for a story idea a character.

Some of my greatest ideas have actually come from dreams, dreams that the Lord blessed me with, and let me remember.

It was a dream that gave birth to A Sister's Justice, Followed By Deception Beneath, and Buried Truths. A dream was what created Marishka Tanya Alexei Character.

Anna was dead, just like that, she had taken her own life. I thought she was getting better, that she was going to start a new life, I never imagined that she would end her life. I was the oldest sister, I should have known something like this. I should have seen it, made her get help.

I prayed that I would wake up and this would all be a nightmare. Anna really couldn't have killed herself, yet deep down I knew it was real.

" We need you to come down and identify the body, we are sure it's her, but it's part of the procedure."

The body, my sister was more than a body! A Sisters Justice Page.40-41 Published 2009 PublishAmerica.

Books of course are another great source for ideas, as are pictures, a single image can spark a myriad of ideas. Different authors will see different stories in that same photograph that same image.

As a writer and a Christian I find myself praying that I am able to touch others for Christ with my words, and to educate others. We as writers are learning from the past in more ways than we realize, and we live in a day and age where that knowledge is right at our fingertips, the internet can be a tool for evil if we allow it, but I choose to use it for good. I am by no means perfect, but that is not the point I do serve a perfect Lord, who has blessed me with the gift of words.

And I never know what dreams the Lord might bless me with and how they may turn into stories, stories that show just what others are capable of, stories that look beyond a person's disabilities or differences, and show the love of Christ shining through them.

From Deception Beneath Book Two In The Marishka Tanya Alexei Series Published October 2009

As I watched my children though, I had faith that they would not

follow the path Anna followed, and I had faith that they would learn from

my mistakes as well. I wanted them to understand that it was okay to talk

about things that were bothering them. I did not want them thinking they

had to bottle everything up. Something Sophia, Anna and I had believed

growing up. It was Ana who first broke the silence about what happened

to us as children. Page.13

Dreams can carry us to places that we may never see otherwise, and I truly believe that the Lord gives us certain dreams, for certain reasons, and I believed he wanted me to tell Marishka's story, something I am still telling to day. Book three has been submitted for publication and I am currently mapping out book four. All for the glory of the Lord.

In Christ's Love

Michelle~

No comments: