Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cast Your Cares

1 Peter 5:7-9 (New International Version)

7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

 8Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

Ever feel anxious? Of course you have, if you tell me you haven't I am going to wonder if you are being truthful, after all we are only human, humans with human emotions, and human patience with worries, but we do have hope, when we are feeling overwhelmed with the worries and the cares, we can give them to the Lord. We are not supposed to spend our lives worrying, full of fear, because the good Lord wants us to cast our burdens on him.

I am reminded so often of God's Grace, when I truly give my cares to the Lord.

If I let myself be anxious, or worry about every little thing in my life, then the fact is I would be so overcome with worry that I would not have room for faith, and I want my relationship with the Lord, to be the first thing that.

In the book of Matthew it is made clear that the Lord does not want us worrying about the things that he takes care of, even in this day and age, when we seem so overwhelmed by worried, the Lord is still providing, when we truly believe:

Matthew 6:25-31 (New International Version)

Do Not Worry

 25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life[a]?

 28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?'

Worrying does not add a moment to our lives, in fact it only serves to make us sick, to pull our hair out, to bite our nails, perhaps literally, perhaps figuratively, but if we worry about tomorrow before it comes what point is that?

I admit I am a worrier, but I am focusing more on worrying about other things like whether or not those I care about have given their hearts to Christ.

Copyright Michelle R Kidwell

April.15.2010


 


 

No comments: