Saturday, April 11, 2009

On the Verge of Legalism?


CurrentlyCalled Out of Darkness: A Spiritual ConfessionBy Anne Ricesee related


I had a rather intesting response made to one of my articles, well maybe not so much intersting as thought provoking. The person reading my article said something that made me think of legalism coming in, I had said I am aware that Chocolate Bunnies and Easter eggs, are not what Easter is about, but I stated too that I felt nothing was wrong with either. I enjoy hiding Easter eggs for my niece and my neighbors kids, and I enjoy seeing the kids open Easter baskets on Easter Sunday, just because Easter Egss have pagan roots does not mean that we are going to be condemned because we dyed a few Easter Eggs, or created Easter baskets.
Today the kids at our church, and the Saturday Kids Klub program celebrated Easter, gifts were brought in, Eggs were boiled and Dyed, plastic egss filled with Candy were hidden does that mean that we are doing something wrong? I would only say yes, if the true reason For Easter was not being celebrated, if we were not telling them about the Cross.
Jesus and the Cross are of course the reasons we celebrate and the fact that he rose, was our greatest gift, I do not think a few hard boiled eggs, and Chocolate Bunnies lessen the value of this day, only if we allow them to lessen them.
If we start going around thinking everything is evil, everything is wrong, then we are going to find ourselves trapped into legalistic views.
God Bless
Michelle

Lyrics
Christ the Lord Is Risen Today
Christ, the Lord, is risen today, Alleluia!All creation joins to say, Alleluia!Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluia!Sing, O heavens, and earth, reply, Alleluia!
Lives again our glorious King, Alleluia!Where, O death, is now your sting? Alleluia!Dying once, He all doth save, Alleluia!Where your victory, O grave? Alleluia!
Love's redeeming work is done, Alleluia!Fought the fight, the battle won, Alleluia!Death in vain forbids Him rise, Alleluia!Christ hath opened paradise, Alleluia!
Soar we now where Christ hath led, Alleluia!Following our exalted Head, Alleluia!Made like Him, like Him we rise, Alleluia!Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, Alleluia!

No comments: