Tuesday, April 7, 2009

At Jesus's Feet

The past several days I have been battling a cold bug, so I spent alot of time resting, but the one thing I continued to do was read, and right now it is Sheila Walsh's book Get Off Your Knees and Pray, that sits on my bedside with my Bible, I know that when you are sick it is as important to get your Spirtual nourishment.I find it a bit strange that during times of trouble some run away from God, instead of turning to Him. They want to turn to God only in good times, but when things get rough, suddenly we serve an uncaring God, but that is not how it works.They find it hard to believe that a loving God, could have our best interst in heart, when bad things happen. When the economy tanks, when we face loss, of home, of a loved one, whatever the case maybe. Matthew 21:22 (New International Version)22If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer."People tend to assume that this means God is going to answer all our prayers, and he does, but he is not always going to give us what we want, especially if what we want may harm ourselves or somebody else. The Lord really does have our best interst at heart, but sometimes we fall away from the Lord, but that is us falling not the other way around.Prayer is not always something we feel we want to do, the flesh gets in the way, and suddenly we feel ourselves drifting apart, We may have gone through a life changing event or maybe we have just hit a valley."Prayer is not always easy, nor is it always joyful." (Walsh 13)Sometimes we tend to think that prayer has to be a formal prayer, but often I find that when I go for a walk, I spend alot of time talking to the Lord, praying, and I often found that was the most joyful times of my day, but I have also prayed, when my heart was wrenching and my flesh was fighting every minute of it."it's not about how well we pray, but about who is listening to our prayers." (Walsh 33)I am reminded often of the importance of prayer, and not only as an everyday thing that we just do, but prayer, is our way of communicating With God, but it is not a one way communication, he speaks to us as well, but sometimes we get so wrapped up in life we forget to listen...."Prayer isn't supposed to offer a simple solution. It's meant to be a place to take our concerns and lay them at Jesus'es feet." (Walsh 40)1 John 1:8-9 (New International Version)8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.To Be Continued...---

No comments: