Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Gasping With Grace

Gasping with Grace (Part One)
Wednesday, July 9, 2008 - 2:24 AM
As I prepare for Thursday Mornings Bible Study, I find myself reading Jill Briscoe's Little Book The New Normal, and finding out just how prevalent it is, this book was written in 2005, four years after 9'11 the day that will mark my generation in perhaps a deeper way than any generation before, but I digress, the book talks about the different 911's you might face, whether it be the death of a loved one, a brioken relationship or any number of things, but whether we believe it or not, the fact of the matterIn Herbrews 11:6 it says6And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. There is something in page ten of Jill Briscoes book I want to quote, because it so abtly states what I have experienced in my life:"I was to dicover the peace that wouldn't quit and thay flooded my heart and soul and left me gasping with grace."Gasping with Grace, I love that phrase, Grace is that most amazing ahh feeling when we realize that we have the living God directing our lives.I know those who have gotten so angry with God, that they claim they can no longer believe in him.I am left opened mouth wondering, how you can not believe in something, and yet be angry with someone, and I am wondering what can make someone who was once so strong in faith fall away, I have seen it time and time again and truthfully it is hard to watch, they are left searching, searching for something, that amazing Savior that had once been such a part of their lives.Another 9'll, having someone you love fall away from the faith that you once thought they were so firmly rooted in.Being angry with God or claiming not to believe in Him is not going to change who he is, another quote I found in Briscoes book again sums what is important up well:"It isn't in who is in any Great White House that matters in the end, it is who is on the Great White Throne." BriscoeWe have a tendency to get angry for God, when the reaction is a result of one of our actions, like a child putting a hand on a hot stove, we have a tendency to put our hands, in hot water, but as we grow in faith, we learn not to do that as much, just as a child learns not to touch what is hot.To Be Continued

No comments: