Thursday, July 24, 2008

Daughters: Let A Zeal for the Lord Awaken In Us

Prayerfully I find myself preparing for Bible Study, and once again find myself turning to Joyce Meyers as well as a few other Christian Authors to prepare this devotion for the Bible Study. Isaiah 54:13 reminds us that:13 All your sons will be taught by the LORD, and great will be your children's peace.I believe this is saying that if we raise our children up in the fear of the Lord, their lives will be different than if we did not teach them to fear the Lord at a young age, they will have a better sense of right and wrong if they are raised up as believers, not just raised up in the church, because as Joyce Meyers points out, I can stand in a Garage, that doesn't make me a car, anymore than going to Church makes me a Christian, but I am talking about raising children up in the genuine fear of the Lord.Joyce Meyers points this out:"Every time you make a right choice it affects a lot of people, and every time you make a wrong choice it affects a lot of people." Joyce MeyersAnother words our choices have affects on those around us.Joyce Meyers also points this fact out, the statement is true in every sense of the word."Alot of people have a relationship with the Church, not with Jesus." Joyce MeyersToday it seems alot of people are spending alot of time in the church without really being filled with the Saving Grace of Christ, they have not opened their hearts up and let him be their personal Savior, and sadly more churches in order to be "politically correct" are not preaching Pentecost.Isaiah 59:21 (New International Version)"As for me, this is my covenant with them," says the LORD. "My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever," says the LORD.As Woman of God, as Daughters of Christ, we have our place in the body, and we need to lead the future generations to Christ by the examples we lead.We need to remind our children, that Jesus would have died for you alone, because the Lord does not delight in seeing his children suffering, Jesus came to save the souls of sinners, every sinner, but we are given the choice, we are born with free will, so we can choose to deny Christ. We want to show others the importance of giving their hearts to Jesus, yielding to Him."God awakensan inquisitve questioning in us when he wants us to Go Searching for Answers (Bevere 5, The True Measure of A Woman)Psalm 139:14I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.As Daughters of God, The Lord is calling us to step out in Faith, and to set examples for the generations younger than we are."God is calling us to be more than we have ever been-more than we have ever envisoined that we would become." (Bevere 8)John 13:34-3534"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."Let's stand up as Daughters of God, and let that fire for the Lord awaken in us.

No comments: