Thursday, March 25, 2010

What True Courage Is

I have not given birth but I do cherish children and find myself often touched by their stories...Today when I logged on I read the story of a family that had to make a choice, watch their daughter slowly die from the seizures that were destroying her, or have the surgery to remove half of her brain, the surgery was dangerous but so were the seizures...

The young girls Mother admitted to Anne Curry that the decision was a scary one, but it was one that had to be made...

As a writer I find myself drawn to stories like this, and thankfully this story has a happy ending, the young girl was saved by having this surgery, she lost some perephial vision and wears a brace on her left leg, but she no longer has the seizures...

It is more than the fact that I am a writer that draws me to the story, it is the fact that this story touched the very heart and soul of what true courage is.

No comments: